About this blog

This is a window into the weird world of Anglicanism, as experienced on a Cathedral Close. Has anything much happened since Trollope's Barchester Chronicles? You will still see the 'canon in residence' hurrying across to choral Evensong, robes flapping, as the late bell chimes. But look carefully and you will notice he is checking the football score on his iPhone as he runs. This is also a writer's blog. It charts the agony and ecstasy of the novelist's life. And it's a fighter's blog. It charts the agony and ecstasy of the judo mat. Well, the agony, anyway.

Sunday 7 December 2014

Final instalment

Here you are: http://unseenthingsabove.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/chapter-31.html Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, My name is Imogen and I'm 16. Recently my mum introduced me to Angels and Men, the Benefits of Passion and Love for the Lost. I loved them so, so much that i read all three within eight days and raved about them profusely to all of my friends, as i was especially intrigued by the different opinions on Christianity and the Church, and of course I fell in love with the characters. I lent Angels and Men to one of my friends, who so far is absolutely loving it, so as it's her birthday in a few weeks, I thought I would buy her all three so she doesn't have to borrow mine. However when I went to look for Love for the Lost, the cheapest price was £159, and I can't afford that, so I wondered if you could perhaps help me in some way? I know it's a long shot that you'll even read this, but I thought I may as well ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Imogen. Glad you enjoyed the novels. That is an insane amount for Love for the Lost! It's out of print at the moment, but SPCK (who published my most recent novel Acts and Omissions) are reissuing the 3 you've read. I suggest you give your friend an IOU for Love for the Lost, which will be available again later this year. Hope this helps!

      Delete