About this blog

This is a window into the weird world of Anglicanism, as experienced on a Cathedral Close. Has anything much happened since Trollope's Barchester Chronicles? You will still see the 'canon in residence' hurrying across to choral Evensong, robes flapping, as the late bell chimes. But look carefully and you will notice he is checking the football score on his iPhone as he runs. This is also a writer's blog. It charts the agony and ecstasy of the novelist's life. And it's a fighter's blog. It charts the agony and ecstasy of the judo mat. Well, the agony, anyway.

Monday 2 December 2013

WOLF TIDE

Huge excitement!  I've got a new novel out.  Please admire the cover:


Is that big enough?  Yes, I think that will do.  This is my first venture into Young Adult fantasy, and I have to tell you, after years of breaking my heart trying to write a Big Important Novel about the state of the Church of England, I had a blast with this.  I suspect that at one remove I was still writing about the Church of England.  You can take the gal out of the cathedral...

Now, you might think you don't like fantasy, but I bet you'll like this.  G'wan, g'wan, g'wan.  Give it a go.  If you read it carefully and manage not to drop it in the bath, you can always wrap it up after you've finished it and give it to a godchild for Christmas.  It has flying girl detectives, sinister fairies and horsemen in thigh boots.  Something for everyone, really.  Here's where to get a copy (real book or Kindle):
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1490904581

And for more background on teh book itself, visit my new Wolf Tide blog here: http://wolftide.blogspot.co.uk/

5 comments:

  1. I am so delighted to see this - I fell in love with this book when I read it for your agent, and I still think about it/talk about it with complete admiration and regard. Now I know it's in print, I can finally relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this! I really valued your editing work on this book. Isn't the cover fab? I'm currently planning Vol 2 (The Fifth Slave) and surprising myself at what comes up from the depths of the subconscious.

      Delete
  2. I am utterly delighted to hear there will be a sequel! And yes, the cover of WOLF TIDE is very powerful. Off now to order some copies ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Still hoping it might catch a publisher's eye...

      Delete
  3. Well, if it manages to catch a film maker's eye - and it's utterly filmic - you won't have any more trouble with publishers, other than having to feed them tea and buns as they queue longingly outside your door.

    ReplyDelete